“Zwädd” shows great morale at the beginning

News from Spvgg Quierschied 2
News from Spvgg Quierschied 2

After 203 days without a competitive game it was finally time again on Sunday. Our second team played for points. After mixed preparations, you didn't know exactly where you would be at the start of the season. In addition, the "Zwädd" was free of play on the first day of play and it went directly against a top team from the Landesliga Süd. Because SV Auersmacher II was a guest at the Franzenhaus.

The team of the new coach Manuel Dillenburger took on a lot at the beginning of the game. This venture backfired after five minutes, however. After a corner kick you ran into a counterattack and had to accept the 0: 1. The guest took advantage of the noticeable uncertainty of our team and only one minute later had a great chance to make it 0-2, which Fabi Wiest was able to defuse. Yannik Eiler had the first chance for the home team after a standard with a header. After 23 minutes, SVA II increased to 0: 2 after an attack on the right side. Jonas Fernsner was able to shorten to 1: 2 after a nice solo. Only a minute later, the guest stifled the briefly growing hope by the 1: 3, which was achieved by a clear offside position. Shortly before the break, Auersmacher increased to 1: 4. With this result, it went into the break.

In the second half, the home team took on a lot, because the guest was by no means the better team and you always had the feeling that with a little luck you could get back on track. After 50 minutes, Auersmacher increased to 1: 5. The game seemed decided. With the substitution of player-coach Manuel Dillenburger the game of the "Zwädd" got a completely different quality. Hendrik Grätz was able to make the game exciting again with a double strike in the 60th and 67th minutes. Jonas Fernsner reduced the game to 4: 5 in the 75th minute. As a result, only one team played. The guest was visibly shocked by the “Zwädd” race to catch up. In the 80th minute Manuel Dillenburger was fouled in the penalty area and Hendrik Grätz scored the well-deserved 5: 5 equalizer. The second team still had a great chance through Dennis Dillenburger's head, but it went over the gate. The game ended in a draw 5: 5.

A tough fight that was rewarded with a point at the end. If you hadn't invited your opponent to goals so lightly in the first half, more could have been possible. But after four goals behind you have to be satisfied with one point at the end. Above all, the morale in the second half shows how much potential there is in the team. But you have to bring this to the field from minute one. Next week it goes to Bliesransbach. A similarly strong opponent awaits us there.


This text is about for a publication of Spvgg Quierschiedyou in the original here can read. The text has been taken over unprocessed and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editors. The text was not checked for correctness by us before publication.

press report written by Spvgg Quierschied: Jan-Erik Schlicker