1. Cailin, today's home game against your former club from Siegelbach was moved to the coming year - would you have preferred to say goodbye to the winter break with a home game in front of your fans or is it perhaps better because of the personnel situation?
Cailin Hoffmann: On the one hand, it is a shame that the game was canceled and postponed, but I think it was the best for both teams in terms of health. Not only we have a lot of problems at the moment. Siegelbach currently also has some battered and injured players, so it is only fair for both teams.
2. How do you rate your first half of the season?
Cailin Hoffmann: To arrive as a promoted player in the regional league and to play at the top is a lot of value. However, there is still upward potential and potential to improve. In the next half of the season, we definitely have to play even stronger and safer defensively, so that we can decide even more games for zero and more clearly.
3. You are always very ambitious and motivated, but because of your injury you have been forced to take a break for a long time - how are you currently and how are you?
Cailin Hoffmann: Of course it is not nice to "only" stand next to the field and to "mentally" support the girls. However, there is currently no other way. I cannot say anything specific about my further injury duration as it is more critical than I thought. Nevertheless, I will do everything I can to get back on the pitch as soon as possible.
4. In addition to your role as a player, you have been supervising the newly founded MädchenElv as an assistant coach since this summer. How much do you enjoy this task and what have you learned in that time?
Cailin Hoffmann: I learned a lot, both human and athletically. The girls are all highly motivated and you can tell in every training and game that they want to develop further. Since the beginning of the season you can see huge improvements in performance and that naturally makes us trainers happy and proud.
5. You study sports science and health - have you already gained a lot of experience for your studies through your work in the club?
Cailin Hoffmann: In my study plan, training planning, training content and forms of training are important, which of course I can also transfer in football and find parallels there. This allows me to assign the theoretical parts in the university to the practical parts in training.
6. The year 2020 is just around the corner - what are your expectations for this?
Cailin Hoffmann: The most important thing for me personally from a sporting perspective is that I can start training without complaints and pain and come back as soon as possible. For the team: that we work through our “weaknesses” in preparation and improve and develop ourselves. We can and want to defeat every opponent!
Thank you for the interview Cailin, a quick recovery and see you very soon in 2020!
The interview was conducted by Till Hust
This text is about for a publication of SV 07 Elversberg - womenyou in the original here can read. The text has been taken over unprocessed and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editors. The text was not checked for correctness by us before publication.
press report written by: Selina Wagner
- SVE women - 1st team: SV 07 Elversberg