As the Regionalliga Südwest GbR announced this morning, the game operations in the Regionalliga Südwest will be suspended for the time being. The games scheduled until November 30th will be canceled. Whether it will continue in December is still open.
Accordingly, the games against Bahlinger SC (November 05th / away), SG Sonnenhof Großaspach (November 07.11th / at home), Kickers Offenbach (November 14.11st / away) are for our Elv (after the previously canceled home game against FSV Mainz 21.11 II) ) and against TSG Hoffenheim II (November 28.11th / at home).
The background to the decision is that in the federal state of Rhineland-Palatinate, due to the Corona Control Ordinance, training and competitions in amateur sports are currently prohibited. The ordinance will expire on November 30th. Affected are the Rhineland-Palatinate clubs TuS RW Koblenz, 1. FSV Mainz 05 II, TSV Schott Mainz and FK Pirmasens.
In Saarland, the regional league clubs can receive permission to operate and use sports facilities in individual cases; in the federal states of Baden-Württemberg and Hesse, the regional league clubs are still permitted to operate training and competitions.
The game will only be resumed on December 01st if there is adequate preparation time - in other words: team training under competition conditions must be possible from November 17th in the federal states of Saarland, Rhineland-Palatinate, Baden-Württemberg and Hesse. The conditions in Bavaria (affected club: Bayern Alzenau) are not taken into account. As the Regionalliga Südwest GbR explained, it is reasonable for the club to try to find a training and game facility in Hesse, since the club has voluntarily joined the Hessian Football Association for technical purposes.
The message of the Regionalliga Südwest GbR in the wording:
Cancellation of the games in the Regionalliga Südwest until November 30.11.2020th, XNUMX
Ladies and Gentlemen,
the game committee of the Regionalliga Südwest GbR decided in agreement with the shareholders' meeting in accordance with §§ 42, 50 No. 2 RLSW-SpO on November 04.11.2020th, XNUMX:
- The games of the Regionalliga Südwest scheduled until November 30.11.2020, XNUMX will be canceled.
- From December 01.12.2020st, 17.11.2020, game operations will only be resumed if team training under competition conditions is permitted in the federal states of Baden-Württemberg, Hesse, Rhineland-Palatinate and Saarland by November XNUMX, XNUMX at the latest.
The decision is based on the following considerations:
- In the Regionalliga Südwest, clubs and corporations participate that are members of the regional soccer associations in the federal states of Baden-Württemberg, Hesse, Rhineland-Palatinate and Saarland or are affiliated with them in terms of gaming.
- According to Section 10 (1) of the Twelfth Corona Control Ordinance Rhineland-Palatinate (CoBeLVO) in the version of October 30.10.2020, 02.11.2020, training and competitions in amateur and recreational team sports have been prohibited in the state of Rhineland-Palatinate since November 10nd, 4. Deviating from this, according to Section 1 (2) of the CoBeLVO, it is only permitted to the "teams of the 3st and 4nd Bundesliga and the 30.11.2020rd men's league", i.e. not the Regionalliga Südwest as the XNUMXth league. The ordinance will expire on November XNUMX, XNUMX.
- In Saarland, participants in the Regionalliga Südwest can, in justified individual cases, receive permission to operate and use sports facilities from the responsible local police authority.
- In the federal states of Baden-Württemberg and Hesse, the participants of the Regionalliga Südwest are currently still allowed to train and compete.
- Participants in the Regionalliga Südwest based in Rhineland-Palatinate are: TuS RW Koblenz, 1. FSV Mainz 05 II, TSV Schott Mainz and FK 03 Pirmasens.
- A continuation of the game operations in the Regionalliga Südwest in any case without the named participants based in Rhineland-Palatinate, who through no fault of their own, are unable to host home games at the club's headquarters in November 2020, would lead to massive distortions of the competition. It would contradict the basic values of the game rules of the Regionalliga Südwest, according to which game schedules should be made uniformly alternating between home and away games on the specified game days, in order to ensure that the competition has progressed largely equally for all participants at all times. This is especially true in the current situation, in which further public law restrictions must be expected in the course of the season and, unfortunately, a termination - as in the 2019/20 season - cannot be ruled out.
- In addition, if the game operations were to continue, the participants based in Rhineland-Palatinate would have to make up for the canceled games at a later point in time and would therefore be significantly more burdened than the other participants.
- It is also not possible to only host away games in the other federal states that are not affected by restrictions, since it is legally impossible for participants from Rhineland-Palatinate to prepare for training at the club's headquarters.
- The participants from Rhineland-Palatinate cannot be expected to switch to a game and training facility in a federal state that is not affected by public law restrictions. The Regionalliga Südwest is a division in which contract players are predominantly used, with a few exceptions, however, only as part of a sideline activity. Against this background, the participants and players concerned cannot be required to take on considerable journeys and thus time burdens in order to continue playing and training outside of the federal state of Rhineland-Palatinate.
- The decision also took into account the concerns of the other participants who may have an economic interest in continuing gaming operations. In this respect, however, it was found that - with a view to possible income from ticketing - spectators are not permitted in those federal states that continue to allow gaming operations. As far as losses in sponsorship income come into consideration, the interest in a sporting fair competition prevails.
- Game operations will only be resumed on December 01.12.2020st, 17.11.2020 if there is adequate preparation time. If team training under competition conditions is only prohibited in the Free State of Bavaria, but not in the federal states of Baden-Württemberg, Hesse, Rhineland-Palatinate and Saarland from November XNUMX, XNUMX, this does not prevent the resumption. Bayern Alzenau has voluntarily joined the Hessian Football Association in terms of playing technology, so that it is reasonable for him to try to find a training and game facility in Hesse if necessary.
This text is about for a publication of SV 07 Elversbergyou in the original here. can read. The text has been taken over unprocessed and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editors. The text was not checked for correctness by us before publication.
press report written by: Christina John