Dishwasher catches fire

| Image: Kirchheimbolanden police inspection
| Image: Kirchheimbolanden police inspection

Erzenhausen (Kaiserslautern district) (ots) - Because of a defective dishwasher, there was a fire on Wednesday afternoon in an apartment on Eckstrasse.

A 79-year-old resident became aware of smoke in the corridor of the apartment building shortly before noon. She checked the affected apartment, where the dishwasher was on fire. The 79-year-old immediately left the house and informed the rescue workers. The fire brigade's emergency services extinguished the fire promptly. In order to rule out possible smoke gas poisoning, the elderly woman came to the hospital as a precaution.

The police assume a technical defect in the dishwasher. The damage should amount to several thousand euros. | elz

Source: Read here
Originally written by: Police headquarters West Palatinate

Information:
The text is a press release from the West Palatinate Police Headquarters. The text has not been edited or changed by our editorial team. POL-PPWP: Dishwasher catches fire