Every year the question arises: "What should I give my loved ones?" Christmas surprises many of us every year anew. You have just had months to find a nice gift for friends and family, you have to realize that there are only a few weeks left and you have no idea what you could give now.
For me personally it is always the same. This year I sat down a bit earlier to gather a few ideas in advance.
Books for everyone!
A nice book is always a good idea. You can get a good paperback from as little as EUR 10,00. You can learn, dream, laugh and experience the greatest adventures, and all for little money!
Here are a few concrete ideas for book gifts:
- For our youngest, an interactive textbook on animals: 'My big book of animal noises'. Published by 'Ars Edition' for € 16,99 uro. For children from 2 years.
- Yes I know, the cell phone seems more interesting, but still have a look at this great book. For those who don't like reading, 'Greg's Diary Vol.1 - Surrounded by Idiots!' by Jeff Kinney just the thing. Published by 'Baumhaus Medien', from 10 years, for 9,00 € uro.
- For our bookworms of all ages: 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone' The 20th anniversary edition of the book series by JKRowling, published by Carlsen Verlag, is a truly magical gift for € 17,00.
- A prank gift for everyone who takes order too seriously: 'The Art of Tidying Up' a photo book by Ursus Wehrli was published by the 'Kein & Aber' publishing house for € 16,90.
Gift sets are my personal favorites. And by that I do not mean the sets that you can buy in the shop, but the ones that you can use to overwhelm your loved ones with trifles (or larger ones) specially selected for them!
- The ,Cuddle package', Perfect for the cold season! You can easily find this package in the shops in the area. Cuddly socks, a blanket, a nice tea, a cup and a warm sweater or a book come in here.
- The ,Inner warmth'Package, for everyone who prefers to warm up from the inside! Packing example: A bottle of Bailey's liqueur, a good coffee, a drinking chocolate and a cup.
- The ,Relax'Package. The greatest stress is over, now is the time to relax! Everything for a spa day: shower lotion, body lotion, hand cream, bath additive, one or two face masks. To buy everything close by. A nail polish or a bottle of wine would also go well with this.
- The ,Tough guys'Package. Everything you need to be a man can be in here: razors, aftershave, a perfume and something alcoholic. Maybe you can add a fine cigar.
Other good gift ideas are perfumes, jewelry, watches and exclusive sweets.
And if you shouldn't know any more and have no idea what the gift recipient could use, the voucher still remains. Not ideal, but with a good bottle of wine, a bar of chocolate, or a cuddly toy for the younger ones, Christmas may still be saved.
And now for a happy shopping! (AT THE)