Fire in an apartment building

police
| Image: Kirchheimbolanden police inspection

Völklingen (ots) - There was a fire on Wednesday afternoon around 15 p.m. in Moltkestrasse. In an apartment building, smoke developed in an apartment on the ground floor. Firemen from the Völklingen volunteer fire brigade carried items of clothing that caught fire from the apartment and extinguished them. The cause of the fire was an umbrella-less bedside lamp over which the apartment owner had previously deposited items of clothing. Nobody got hurt. Apart from the items of clothing mentioned, there was no material damage. Moltkestrasse had to be temporarily closed due to the operation.

Source: Read here
Originally written by: Police inspection Völklingen

Information:
The text is a press release from the responsible police authority. The text was not edited or changed by our editorial team.